I know that many of us find it very difficult to understand the concept of the Shepherd because it is already very far for the Albanian culture! See how the Bible describes the shepherd!
- A shepherd takes care of the welfare of the Sheep
“When he saw the crowds, they felt sorry for him, because they were weary and forsaken, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples: “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Pray to the master of the harvest to send laborers into his harvest. ” Matthew 9: 36-38
This is a concrete example of how God views people and their spiritual need for rest and their need for salvation!
- A shepherd takes care of the physical needs of the sheep
“As they were getting off the boat, Jesus saw a large crowd, and they were moved with pity because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things. ”Mark 6:34
This is a concrete example that God cares for the physical needs of all those in need. He does not turn his head aside!
- Jesus is the good shepherd
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. While the hireling, who is not a shepherd and has not his sheep, when he sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep and runs away. The wolf catches them and scatters them, ”John 10: 11-12
Jesus calls himself the good shepherd who does not command the sheep but cares for the sheep!
Now after seeing all these things about the shepherd the question arises but who am I in this Story? If you still do not understand we are sheep and sheep according to what the bible says:
“I am the door. Whoever enters through me will be saved. He will go in and out and find pasture. I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep, and they know me, just as the Father knows me, and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep. I also have other sheep that are not from this fold. I have to collect them too. They will hear my voice and become a flock and a shepherd. ” John 10: 9, 14-16
Here are some elements from the section above for People who follow the Shepherd!
- Sheep hear the voice- As humans we must hear the voice of God
- Sheep follow- As humans we need to know and follow God
- Sheep are saved- Salvation comes from God
- Sheep are fed – God has food for us spiritually and not only
- Sheep know- As humans we know what God’s voice is like and we need to focus on following it
- Sheep receive life from the shepherd- God gives Jet through Jesus Christ
- Sheep live in the fold- We must live within the family of God
- Sheep are gathered by the Shepherd- God is the reason why the sheep are gathered
- Sheep become a flock – Believers (Sheep found) live in the community and as a family
- Sheep have a shepherd- Jesus is the shepherd of the sheep